One of the differences between Germany and Spain within their education system is their holidays. For example, in Spain we have a little more than two months of summer holidays. However, in Germany they have a little more than one month. This is because they have other holidays during the school year. This is the case of the week from 20 to 26 February. They have one week holiday. And my host-family, every year in this week, they go on a skiing holiday. Together with 3 other families they rent a house in a village in the west of Austria called Silbertal. It is about 3 hours from Gilching. 

Silbertal is a very beautiful village, it is situated in a valley, so it's around the mountains and around the nature, a thing that I have loved about this place. The views were very nice so I really enjoyed the place. There was also some snow, and as I have already said several times, I love snow, so that made me like it even more. Besides, the views of the mountains from the ski slopes are spectacular. The truth is that I was amazed as soon as I saw them, because I had never seen anything like this landscape before.At first I was a bit nervous, because I was going to be with 20 people I didn't know at all. But when I arrived everyone was super nice to me. And I was able to talk to them perfectly. Before I went, Renate told me that for them, going that week of the year and seeing each other again was very special, that they were like a family. And from the first day I understood what she meant. The atmosphere I felt with everyone was very natural and familiar, even though I had only known them for a few days. And I think that was one of the things I liked the most. 

And about skiing, before coming here, I skied a couple of times. But it was 4 or 5 years ago, so really for me it was almost like starting from 0. Everybody told me that when you ski, the 80% is mental. And it's totally true. Because the first day I went without fear, but at the end of the day I don't know why I started to get scared. The slopes were much more down heel than what I imagined, so I was quite afraid. But once I lost my fear on the second day, I was much more comfortable. And I started to have a much better time and enjoy the sport. The truth is that I ended the week in love with skiing even though I didn't liked much at the beginning.And in fact, I think I ended the week skiing pretty well. I'm no pro, and I don't have perfect technique, but at least I can do most of the slopes, so that's good enough for me. And in fact, I ended the week skiing pretty well. Of course, I'm not a  professional or I am nor even a little bit close to be as good as the other people who I was with, I don't have perfect technique either, but at least I can do most of the slopes without feiling that much, so that's good enough for me. Also, Renate was always with me teaching me, she is a very good teacher, and thanks to her I learnt to ski. And without her I couldn't have never done it. 

My routine there was basically skiing in the morning and in the afternoon, when we got home, I always went to talk to someone or rest a bit. Then we would have dinner and play cards, talk or play music and dance. 

It was a great week, I honestly think it's going to be my best week of the year. I've had a great time with everyone and I'm going to miss you all so much. I was very sad to see the week come to an end, but at least I gained an experience that I will never forget.


Comentarios

Entradas populares